3 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Duration: 2-4 months
Location: Cambridge, UK
ARM is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Intern with the ambition to take a crucial role in our TSG Engineering Analytics team.
The ARM Technology Services Group (TSG) is responsible for ensuring that we have a solid understanding of both the ARM engineering infrastructure and the ARM engineering workflows that run on top of it. It does this by applying a mixture of Data Engineering, Data Visualisation and Data Science disciplines to a variety of complex engineering problems. We extract information from large and complex data sets to enable data driven decisions and improved efficiency and effectiveness of engineering processes.
You will be someone with a keen interest in software / data engineering and data science and who is able to quickly integrate into our dedicated and highly skilled group of professionals.
Remark: besides this role we also have a vacancy for a Data Science Intern (separate job posting).
What will I be doing?
The TSG Engineering Analytics Team has a vacancy for a 2-4 month internship (start dates between May 2017 – Oct 2017) in the Cambridge office focused around the following areas:
* Use of latest data visualization tools to design and build powerful interactive data analysis visualizations (Tableau)
* Data science/analysis, model development
* Software development of complex data transformation code running on a ‘Big Data’ platform (using Python and Scala)
Are you a good fit for ARM?
An internship in the Engineering Analytics Team is best suited to an undergraduate student with existing well-developed software, engineering or data science skills and an ability to think through complex, abstract problems. You will work on one or more small projects within the above teams, with senior ARM engineers or data scientists acting as mentor and supervisor.
Skills and experience that we look for in a successful Data Engineer Intern include:
* Studying towards a University course with a significant programming and software engineering or data science element such as Computer Science, Maths, Data Science, Software Engineering or similar
* Interest and/or experience of common software development and test processes
* Interest and/or experience in data science
* Interest and/or experience in ‘Big Data’
* Interest and/or experience with programming languages such as Scala, Python or Go.
* Strong Linux skills
* Interest and/or experience of data visualisation tools such as Excel or Tableau
* Interest and/or experience with R and SQL
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’. ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps