7 months ago
1st Line Cyber Security Analyst
Airbus DS Newport
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus’ CyberSecurity business is to protect governments, companies and critical infrastructures from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
Description of the job
Is Cyber Security more than just an antivirus protection measure for you? If yes, you are the right person for us!
A vacancy for a 1st Line Cyber Security Analyst has arisen within Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport, South Wales.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Performing initial triage/identification of 'Events of Interest' using the toolset of the Security Operation Centre (SOC)
* Escalating all 'Events of Interest' to a 2nd Line Security Analyst
* Ensuring that all incidents, alerts and exceptions are responded to in accordance with established procedure
* Being responsible for SOC work instructions, ensuring they are reviewed and amended
* Maintaining currency in security concepts, tools and best practices
You should be able to work shifts.
You have the following skills and experience:
* Secondary education and/or a strong interest in IT
* Knowledge of the fundamentals of TCP/IP and ITIL
* Ability to write professional reports to key stakeholders
* Good time management skills and ability to work in a team
* Fluent in English
The following elements would be a plus:
* You hold one of the following certifications or would be capable of holding one: SANS SEC401 Security Essentials, Cisco
Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), CompTIA Security, CompTIA Network
* Knowledge of Wireshark Packet Analysis
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by recognized authorities.
What we offer:
* Challenging tasks in a company with some of the most innovative cyber security technology and services
* Integration into an international network of cyber security experts across and outside of Europe
* Participation in Europe-wide projects as prime supplier
* Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
* An attractive company pension scheme
* A private healthcare service
* An extensive range of social benefits, such as car options, travel insurance for the whole family, child care service, etc.
* Flexible working time