about 1 year ago
The Design Engineers’ role within the above hierarchy is to take an active part in forming part of a design team, usually although not exclusively reporting to a Lead Design Engineer.
Working as part of a highly skilled and potentially multi-national team you will be
responsible for the following tasks:
* Production of high quality design solutions associated with the design of all types of internal combustion engine.
* Have the ability to undertake the above utilising the CAD tools available to the project which include:
* Have a degree of expertise in CAD solid modelling in one or more of the following: Catia, NX or Creo
* Converting the models to manufacturing 2D drawings to a standard expected of the automotive industry
* Maintain a knowledge of manufacturing and production processes as they are relevant to the components being designed
* Maintain a keen awareness of industry trends, and new developments in legislation to understand the application of the correct level of technology
* Liaise with interfacing departments and suppliers to gain the necessary input data to achieve a design that meets specification (e.g. performance, durability, quality, cost, weight, manufacturing)
* Preparation and maintenance of documentation associated with the project and design process (Bill of materials, Design follow sheets, Design review reports, Tolerance stacks)
* Basic analysis calculations
* Liaising with owners of interfacing systems and components
Ideally be qualified to at least degree level in an Engineering discipline with previous industrial experience.
You must be able to use one or more of the following CAD packages – CATIA, CREO, NX.
A good working knowledge of draughting standards, geometric tolerances and manufacturing methods will be required
You must be conversant with PC based tools used in an office environment.
An understanding in the use of the following processes would be an advantage - FMEAs, Design Validation and Supplier Quality Assurance.
* Independent / Motivated self-starter
* Flexible and adaptable
* Team player
* Good problem solver
* Good attention to detail
* Good communicator
* Customer focused
* Have a passion for engineering and engines